Thank you for your interest in working with us! A line service technician at Southwest Jet Center is a customer service position that is responsible for supporting all ground operations to inbound and outbound aircraft, flight crews and passengers. They are responsible for handling projects around the hangar and ramp, occassionally including light maintenance and repair inside the offices. At Southwest Jet Center, we take pride in our quality of care for our clients and their aircraft, and we expect our technicians to do the same. Line Service Technicians work in a potentially hazardous environment with the handling of flammable and hazardous materials and a high-noise environment. Using proper protective equipment and following all procedures is essential to creating a safe work environment for all of our staff and clientele.
- Performs and/or participates in a wide variety of aircraft servicing, ground handling and related aviation service activities to provide complete, safe, efficient and high quality support to hangar tenants, aircrews, and passengers.
- Services aircraft with fuel and provides other services, as required, to satisfy customer and operational needs.
- Receives bulk aviation fuel deliveries at our fuel storage facility and tests the fuel before acceptance to ensure strict adherence to qualitative fuel standards.
- Performs daily/periodic facility and equipment maintenance, operation checks, and records results on appropriate form(s).
- Prepares aircraft for departures, i.e. staging and fueling needs, and assist with passenger boarding.
- Marshals/greets aircraft and their flight crews and passengers, provides requested services, assists with passenger deplaning and takes other appropriate actions to satisfy and complete order requirements promptly and accurately.
- Performs preventive maintenance on ramp service equipment and assists with facilities maintenance when needed.
- Must adhere to company established appearance, operation and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive, professional image of Southwest Jet Center at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including responding to a wide variety of routine and emergency operational situations as they arise and as instructed by supervisory personnel.
- Promotes an effective, responsive and value-based organizational culture.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to clear a security background
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Achieve and sustain certification as a National Air Transportation Association (NATA) Professional Line Service Specialist
- Aviation experience including airport ramp service operations and aircraft fuel servicing
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques with broad general aviation terminology and safety concepts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff, tenants and customers
- Ability to work various shift work hours including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Availability for call outs
- Stepping up/down on ladders, tugs and fuel trucks
- Lift baggage from ground level to overhead, up to 75 lbs
- 20/20 vision, corrected vision is acceptable
- Stooping below wings and aircrat to chock aircraft
- Standing, walking and running as necessary
- Excellent hand-eye coordination with good peripheral vision
Pay and Benefits
- We are currently looking for a part-time employee with the opportunity to go full-time in the future
- Pay is semi-monthly and DOE
- Southwest Jet Center offers benefits to full-time employees including medical, dental and vision